Cape Coral, Florida Real Estate: Mid Year 2010 Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Saturday, August 7th, 2010 at 3:18pm.
The mid year 2010 Cape Coral real estate market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below. Cape Coral, known as the "The Cape" to locals, is one of the largest master-planned communities in the nation and is also one of /Southwest Florida's most rapidly growing areas. It is the 3rd largest city in Florida in terms of land mass and features over 400 miles of both fresh and salt water canals - many with gulf access. Over 55% of its population is under 44, so the city is family oriented, schools are important, and the quality of life is exceptional.
Cape Coral Real Estate Sales Data
Cape Coral Home Sales Mid Year 2010*:
- 3,254 Closed Sales (3,596 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $133,046
- Median Sales Price - $98,000
- Average Days on Market - 74
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $71.46
- The list to sales price average was 95.73%.
Cape Coral Condominium Sales Mid Year 2010*:
- 287 Closed Sales (243 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $95,927
- Median Sales Price - $80,000
- Average Days on Market - 136
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $68.50
- The list to sales price average was 94.24%.
Cape Coral & Ft. Myers Closed Sales - 2003 to 2010
In comparison with 2009 sales data, we saw a 11% decrease in the number of home sales and a 18% increase in the number of condominium sales. We also have seen a 3% increase in the average price for homes and a 21% decrease in the average price for condominiums. Average days on market rose by 3% for homes and 24% for condominiums.
The city offers a wide variety of living options and price ranges. Many of the more well known communities like Burnt Store Marina, Cape Harbour, Cape Royal, Sandoval and Tarpon Point have some really well priced homes or condominiums available.
So, if you would like to explore more of what Cape Coral real estate market has to offer, please contact us and we'd be happy to assist you.
*Sales Data from SWFL MLS.
|Share Our Post:|