Fort Myers, Florida End of Year 2009 Real Estate Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 at 1:37pm.
The Fort Myers real estate end of year 2009 market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below. Fort Myers, known as the "The City of Palms," sits along the natural splendor and shoreline of the Caloosahatchee River and is renowned for its fabulous winter weather. The city is a metropolis bustling with historical, cultural, and ecological attractions and the downtown area is undergoing major renovations in order to keep up with its continuing growth.
Fort Myers Real Estate Sales Data
Fort Myers Homes Sales End of Year 2009*:
- 2,829 Closed Sales (2,397 in 2008)
- Average Sales Price - $134,673
- Median Sales Price - $98,400
- Average Days on Market - 58
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $66.68
- Average List to Sales Price - 98%
Fort Myers Condominium End of Year 2009*:
- 1,780 Closed Sales (1,378 in 2008)
- Average Sales Price - $111,000
- Median Sales Price - $135,617
- Average Days on Market - 115
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $91.72
- Average List to Sales Price - 97%
In comparison with 2008 sales data, we saw a 179% increase in the number of home sales and a 176% increase in the number of condominium sales. The average price for homes fell by 50% and the average price for condominiums dropped 45%. Average days on market decreased 62% for homes and by 15% for condominiums.
Fort Myers offers a variety of property choices and price ranges. Essentially, there's something for almost everyone. And, in some of its most sought after communities like Gulf Harbour, Miromar Lakes and Paseo, there are some really well priced properties available for sale.
*Sales Data from NABOR & SWFL MLS Data for Fort Myers Proper Only.
|Share Our Post:|
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!