Fort Myers, Florida Real Estate: Mid Year 2010 Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 at 4:28pm.
The mid year 2010 Fort Myers real estate market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below. Ft. Myers sits along the natural splendor and shoreline of the Caloosahatchee River and is known for its fabulous winter weather. The city is a metropolis bustling with historical, cultural, and ecological attractions and the downtown area has undergone major renovations in order to keep up with its continuing growth.
Fort Myers Real Estate Sales Data
Fort Myers Home Sales Mid Year 2010*:
- 1,429 Closed Sales (1,207 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $173,875
- Median Sales Price - $125,000
- Average Days on Market - 95
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $81.67
- The list to sales price average was 94.90%.
Fort Myers Condominium Sales Mid Year 2010*:
- 1,416 Closed Sales (1,009 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $115,310
- Median Sales Price - $92,000
- Average Days on Market - 107
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $77.90
- The list to sales price average was 93.25%.
Cape Coral & Ft. Myers Closed Sales - 2003 to 2010
In comparison with 2009 sales data, we saw a 18% increase in the number of home sales and a 40% increase in the number of condominium sales. We also have seen a 1% increase in the average price for homes and a 7% decrease in the average price for condominiums. Average days on market rose by 7% for homes and fell 7% for condominiums.
The city offers a wide variety of living options and price ranges. Many of the more well known communities like Gulf Harbor, Miromar Lakes, Paseo and The Plantation have some really well priced homes or condominiums available.
So, if you would like to explore more of what Fort Myers real estate market has to offer, please contact us and we'd be happy to assist you.
*Sales Data from SWFL MLS and for Fort Myers and North Fort Myers Proper Only.
|Share Our Post:|