Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Florida: Mid Year 2010 Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 at 4:27pm.
T he mid year 2010 real estate market statistics for both home and condominium sales on Sanibel and Captiva are listed below.
The Islands are two of the most sought after destinations in all of Southwest Florida. Everything you could wish for from sunning, shelling, wave running, fishing, sailing, or just relaxing are available and most of it is just minutes away from anywhere you are located. Both markets offer many home choices that are just terrific; seaside condominiums, Gulf front mansions, old restored Florida cottages. Essentially, almost any type of property you can imagine. And once you find just the right place, you'll quickly come to understand, a Sanibel or Captiva Island home is a destination, a refuge, and a way of life unique unto its own.
Sanibel & Captiva Island Real Estate Sales Data
Sanibel & Captiva Island Home Sales Mid Year 2010*:
Homes Below $1 Million
- 56 Closed Sales (44 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $600,972
- Median Sales Price - $572,500
- Average Days on Market - 225
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $273.59
- The list to sales price average was 90.8%
Homes Above $1 Million
- 19 Closed Sales (17 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $1,626,029
- Median Sales Price - $1,387,500
- Average Days on Market - 287
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $449.23
- The list to sales price average was 86.2%
Sanibel & Captiva Island Condominium Sales Mid Year 2010*:
Condominiums Below $1 Million
- 63 Closed Sales (31 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $525,639
- Median Sales Price - $486,000
- Average Days on Market - 318
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $423.01
- The list to sales price average was 91.5%
Condominiums Above $1 Million
- 9 Closed Sales (5 in 2009)
- Average Sales Price - $1,416,000
- Median Sales Price - $1,1350,000
- Average Days on Market - 260
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $652.51
- The list to sales price average was 85.4%
In comparison with 2009 sales data, we saw a 27% increase in the number of home sales and a 103% increase in the number of condominium sales for properties under $1 Million. We also saw a 3% increase in the average price for homes and a 11% decrease in the average price for condominiums. For properites over $1 Million, we saw a 12% increase in the number of home sales and a 80% increase in the number of condominium sales. We also saw a 21% decrease in the average price for homes and a 3% decrease in the average price for condominiums. Average days on market rose 25% for homes and 66% for condominiums.
So, if you would like to explore more of what Sanibel and Captiva Island real estate markets have to offer, please contact us and we'd be happy to assist you.
*Sales Data from SWFL and Nabor MLS.
|Share Our Post:|
About the Author
Benjamin Dona is the Broker and Owner of Gulf Coast Associates, Realtors in Bonita Springs, Florida. He holds two advanced degrees, an MBA and an MA, and has an extensive background in both business and marketing. In 1998, he founded Gulf Coast Associates, and formed a group of like-minded Realtor® associates dedicated to offering professional Southwest Florida real estate services by concentrating on information, education and the use of leading edge technologies. He also is a recognized expert on the "Net," a much-quoted and read blog author, and a contributor to both national and international news outlets. Benjamin is a member of the National Association of Realtors, the Florida Association of Realtors, and numerous local real estate boards throughout Southwest Florida.
Contact Benjamin Dona at 239-948-3955
Southwest Florida Real Estate Blog
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!