Sanibel Island, Florida End of Year 2009 Real Estate Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Friday, March 12th, 2010 at 6:15pm.
The Sanibel Island real estate end of year 2009 market statistics for both home and condominium sales are listed below. Sanibel Island, known as the "Shelling Capital" of the world, is one of Southwest Florida's true treasures. Only 12 miles long and 5 miles wide, Sanibel is a haven of natural beauty, very romantic, and a place of solitude. Imagine seventeen miles of pristine soft white sand beaches all surrounding waterways, mangroves and wetlands teeming with abundant wildlife. Throw in the island's quaint shopping experiences, numerous dining and nightlife choices, and 300 plus days of sunshine and you have the perfect Southwest Florida living destination.
Sanibel Island Real Estate Sales Data
Sanibel Island Homes Sales End of Year 2009*:
- 125 Closed Sales (106 in 2008)
- Average Sales Price - $718,582
- Median Sales Price - $585,000
- Average Days on Market - 190
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $341.12
- Average List to Sales Price - 88%
Sanibel Island Condominium End of Year 2009*:
- 65 Closed Sales (59 in 2008)
- Average Sales Price - $618,305
- Median Sales Price - $575,000
- Average Days on Market - 236
- Average Sales Price/Square Foot - $449.33
- Average List to Sales Price - 89%
In comparison with 2008 sales data, we saw a 18% increase in the number of home sales and a 10% increase in the number of condominium sales. The average price for homes fell by 18% and the average price for condominiums dropped 6%. Average days on market decreased 12% for homes and by 7% for condominiums.
*Sales Data from NABOR & SWFL MLS
|Share Our Post:|
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!