Southwest Florida Real Estate - 2009 Sales Report
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Saturday, February 13th, 2010 at 9:53pm.
The Southwest Florida real estate market sales statistics for 2009 are listed below. Southwest Florida experienced its biggest sales year ever, outpacing the total sales in the previous peak year of 2005 by 44%. It also led all other metro areas in Florida in terms of total sales.
Obviously, price has been the number one determining factor in the record setting sales numbers and foreclosures and short sales continue to drive the market. But, don't kid yourself; normal sales aren't doing too shabby either. Savvy buyers are also jumping on properties where the sellers have done their homework and priced their property according to today's market values.
Bonita Springs and Naples Real Estate Sales
- Single family home sales were up 35% and totaled 3,814 sales.
- The list to sales price average for single family homes sold was 94.25%.
- The median price for single family homes dropped 61% to $185,000.
- Condos sales were up 29% and totaled 3,242 units.
- The list to sales price average for condos sold was 93.54%.
- The median price for condos dropped 68% to $170,000.
- At the end of the year, there were 9,201 active residential properties listed in the Nabor MLS. That's a decrease of 18% versus this time last year.
- The average Days On Market were 145 for single family homes and 177 for condominiums.
Cape Coral and Ft. Myers Estate Sales
- Single family home sales were up 97% and totaled 16,260 sales.
- The list to sales price average for single family homes sold was 98.45%.
- The median price for single family homes dropped 43% to $90,400.
- Condos sales were up 72% and totaled 3,921 units.
- The list to sales price average for condos sold was 97.25%.
- The median price for condos dropped 34% to $125,400.
- At the end of the year, there were 11,294 active residential properties listed in the SWFL MLS. That's a decrease of 28% versus this time last year.
- The average Days On Market were 105 for single family homes and 158 for condominiums.
So, if you're thinking about purchasing a little piece of paradise for yourself and your family, now is the time to do it. By buying a property now, you can be certain you're getting the deal of a lifetime.
*Sales Data from NABOR & SWFL MLS
|Share Our Post:|
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!