SW Florida Real Estate Sales: October, 2011 Update
Posted by Benjamin Dona on Saturday, November 19th, 2011 at 6:17pm.
As we head into the 2011 season here in Southwest Florida, we just thought we would give you one more look at the most recent home and condo sales data. Basically, it still shows that through October, prices are rising and the inventory continues to fall. The story is true for all price ranges and locations.
The bottom line is you need to be prepared for having less choice when it comes to purchasing a home or condo this season. And, in all likelihood, you're going to pay a little more for it this year too.
Cape Coral and Ft. Myers Real Estate Sales Data
- Total Sales YTD of 16,400 Homes and Condos vs 17,165 in 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for all Properties sold were 56 vs 113 for 2010.
- Currently 7,711 Active Listings vs 11,216 in 2010.
For the month of October:
- 960 Homes sold vs 1,007 in 2010.
- 210 Condos sold vs 207 in 2010.
- $95,000 Median Price vs $86,000 in 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for Homes sold were 51 vs 108 for 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for Condos sold were 63 vs 131 for 2010.
Closed Homes Sales 2004 - 2011
Bonita Springs and Naples Real Estate Sales Data
- Total Sales YTD of 8,293 Homes and Condos vs 7,960 in 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for all Properties sold were 162 vs 171 for 2010.
- Currently 7,325 Active Listings vs 9,044 in 2010.
For the month of October:
- 280 Homes sold vs 259 in 2010.
- 229 Condos sold vs 227 in 2010.
- $180,000 Median Price vs $178,000 in 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for Homes sold were 165 vs 149 for 2010.
- Ave Days on Market for Condos sold were 178 vs 177 for 2010.
Pending and Closed Property Sales 2010 vs 2011*Sales Data Statistics from SWFL and NABOR MLS.
- Bonita Springs, FL Homes for Sale
- Cape Coral, Florida Real Estate
- Ft. Myers Real Estate
- Naples, FL Homes for Sale
|Share Our Post:|
About the Author
Benjamin Dona is the Broker and Owner of Gulf Coast Associates, Realtors in Bonita Springs, Florida. He holds two advanced degrees, an MBA and an MA, and has an extensive background in both business and marketing. In 1998, he founded Gulf Coast Associates, and formed a group of like-minded Realtor® associates dedicated to offering professional Southwest Florida real estate services by concentrating on information, education and the use of leading edge technologies. He also is a recognized expert on the "Net," a much-quoted and read blog author, and a contributor to both national and international news outlets. Benjamin is a member of the National Association of Realtors, the Florida Association of Realtors, and numerous local real estate boards throughout Southwest Florida.
Contact Benjamin Dona at 239-948-3955
Southwest Florida Real Estate Blog