Southwest Florida Golf Guide
Florida Golf Courses
The Southwest Florida area, from St. Petersburg to Naples, is well known as one of the golf capitals of the world. The challenges you will enjoy are beyond your wildest dreams. Next to our beautiful Gulf beaches and nature preserves, there is no better place where Southwest Florida's natural beauty can be experienced than on one of the hundreds of fine golf courses available for you to play.
While most of the golf courses in Florida are private member only many offer reciprocity with other clubs and open their facilities for public play during "non-season" months (May - Oct.). Quite a few are also affiliated with major hotels so guests can play too.
The range of SW Florida golf courses available is almost limitless. From public to private membership, there is something for everyone. To get you started, we are providing you with a list of what many of our clients and friends consider being some of the best golf courses in our area. They are a big part of what makes Southwest Florida living so enjoyable. We also have a page that describes the different golf club membership options that are available in our area. You can read about them at SW Florida Golf Club Membership Options. And, be sure to check out our newest addition, SW Florida's Best 18 Golf Holes. It's quite a read for the golf enthusiast!
Local SW Florida Golf Club Updates
Naples is one of the winners of the Best Golf Destination category in the 10 Best Readers' Choice travel award contest sponsored by USA TODAY. Naples came in at number five on the list, ahead of such iconic golf destinations as Scotland and Pebble Beach, California. Read more...USA TODAY: Naples Is No. 5 of Top 10 Golf Destinations
Grey Oaks Country Club announced that its members approved a turnover agreement with the club's developer, the Halstatt Partnership. The agreement provides a transition period of several years during which members and the developer will share governance and certain financial responsibilities. Members did not incur a reduction in equity, were not required to pay an assessment or make purchase payments in connection with the turnover and the club is free of debt.
The Old Collier Golf Club was recently named as one of America's most important golf courses of the decade by Golf Digest magazine. The course received the honor for pioneering the use of Paspalum, an environmentally friendly salt-tolerant turf grass, from tee to green. Paspalum was developed by Collier Enterprises' affiliate company Turf Ecosystems and has now been adopted by golf courses worldwide.
SW Florida Golf Guide - Related Blog Posts:
The Bonita Bay Club is Growing Again
ACE Group of Companies Renews PGA Tour for Twin Eagles in Naples
Ft. Myers - Estero - Bonita Springs - Naples
- Pelican's Nest Golf Club - Bonita Springs - 36 Hole Tom Fazio Designed. Private Member Only.
- Tiburon Golf Club - Naples - 36 Hole Greg Norman Designed. Public Course.
- The Club at Twin Eagles - Bonita Springs - 36 Hole Jack Nicklaus Designed. Private Member Only.
- Naples Beach Golf Club - Naples - 18 Hole Ron Garl Designed. Public Course.
- Naples National Golf Club - Naples - 18 Hole Dr. Michael Hurdzan Designed. Private Member Only.
- Raptor Bay Golf Club - Bonita Springs - 18 Hole Raymond Floyd Designed. Public Course.
- The Club At Renaissance - Ft. Myers - 18 Hole Arthur Hills Designed. Private Member Only.
- The Sanctuary Golf Club - Sanibel - 18 Hole Arthur Hills Designed. Private Member Only.
- Estero Country Club - Estero - 18 Hole Gordon G. Lewis Designed. Private Member Only.
Some Local SW Florida (Pay as You Play) Golf Courses:
TPC Treviso Bay Golf: 239-331-2052
Bonita Bay East Golf: 239-353-5100
Cypress Woods Golf: 239-592-7860
Heritage Bay Golf: 239-353-2561
Hibiscus Golf Club: 239-596-1000
Lely Flamingo Island Club: 239-793-2223
Lely Mustang Club: 239-793-2223
Miromar Lakes Beach & Golf Club: 239-482-7644
Naples Beach Golf Club: 239-261-2222
Old Corkscrew Golf Club: 239-949-4700
Raptor Bay Golf Club: 239-390-4600
Riviera Golf Club: 239-774-2011
Stoneybrook Golf Club: 239-948-3933
Valencia Golf Club: 239-352-0777
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort at Tiburon has received Golf Digest's top rating as the No. 1 golf resort in Florida and No. 32 out of the Top 75 in North America and the Caribbean. The golf resort is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses and hosts his annual PGA Shark Shootout. It also offers the Rick Smith Golf Academy. For more information, visit www.ritzcarlton.com.
Tampa - St. Petersburg - Sarasota
- The Legacy Golf Club - Bradenton - 18 Hole Arnold Palmer Designed. Public Course.
- Lakewood Ranch Country Club - Bradenton - 36 Hole Arnold Palmer Designed. Private Member Only.
- Laurel Oak Country Club - Sarasota - 72 Hole Gary Player Designed. Private Member Only.
- Bardmoor Golf & Tennis Club - Tampa - 18 Hole Gary Koch Designed. Public Course.
- Tournament Players Club - Tampa - 18 Hole Bobby Weed Designed. Private Member Only.
- Bobby Jones Golf Complex - Sarasota - 36 Hole Donald J. Ross Designed. Public Course.
- Renaissance Vinoy Golf Resort - St. Petersburg - 18 Hole Ron Garl Designed. Private Member Only.
- Old Memorial Golf Club - Tampa - 18 Hole Steven R. Smyers Designed. Private Member Only.
- Coral Creek Club - Placida - 18 Hole Tom Fazio Designed. Private Member Only.
- Westin Innisbrook Golf Club - Palm Harbor - 18 Hole L & R Packard Designed. Semi-Private Course.
Other Notable Florida Golf Courses
- Doral Golf Club - Miami - 90 Holes. Dick Wilson and Raymond Floyd Designed. Private Member Only.
- TPC - Sawgrass - Ponte Vedra Beach - 99 Holes designed by PB Dye. Private Member Only.
- The Plantation Golf Club - Ponte Vedra Beach - 18 holes designed by Arnold Palmer. Semi-Private.
If you have additional questions or would like to get started on your search for SW Florida real estate, please don’t hesitate to contact us.